Village Clerk Position
The Village of Forreston is seeking a professional to fulfil the requirements of Village Clerk. Applicants should be residents of the Village of Forreston and seeking an active role in the daily operations of village hall.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains all Village records and papers. Oversees, catalogues, files, and otherwise maintains comprehensive record keeping systems for all official Village documents.
2. Administers oaths of office. Certifies ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and other documents requiring a Village seal. Accepts claims and other legal papers on behalf of the Village.
3. Assists in the preparation of Board materials and meeting packets, attends regular and special Board meetings, records, transcribes and indexes minutes. Publishes public hearings and meetings, ordinances, bid advertisements, and all legal notices.
4. Issues licenses and permits for the Village.
5. Processes payroll for Village employees.
6. Provides general administrative and clerical support for the Village office.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Minimum Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of computers and modern office practices and procedures. Skill in maintain records management systems, including legal requirements for recording, retention and disclosure of public documents.
• Skill in responding to public inquiries and internal requests with a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism.
• Skill in accurately compiling and evaluating data and information and preparing clear and accurate reports.
• Ability to accurately record, transcribe and maintain records.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
• Ability to attend meetings scheduled at times other than normal business hours.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness when dealing with employees, professional contacts, elected officials, and the public.
• Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy in contentious or confrontational situations.
• Ability to critically assess situations, problem-solve, and work effectively under stress, within deadlines and changes in work priorities.
All interested individuals should send/deliver resume to: Village of Forreston, Attn: Mark Metzger, 102 S Walnut Ave., PO Box 206 Forreston, IL 61030. Resumes will be accepted until 4 PM on February 21, 2022.